CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Gotta love the sweet moments

Yesterday was a cuddle with Mommy Day. Jasmine is getting too stinkin cute. I know I complain when she is cranky and teething or sick. I do have it really easy.



She is getting at the stage where she is trying to be independent but still runs back to me for help. She tries hard to put her socks on and wants to try to dress herself but it all goes awry. She tries to play with the big girls but gets so scared. She tries to feed herself, and well we get a mess.





I'm grateful she is investigating and trying new things. It is so cute when she gets excited about doing and comes waddling back to show me. It is those moments that I love being a proud mommy and saying "YAY!"


Here is where I need some expert advice:

In all the brave new investigating of her world, she will not investigate the outdoor world. She is terrified of being put down on the ground outside. She wails and cries. I try to just stay close and she clings to me. When I go to walk away she has big alligator tears in her eyes and shreeches. We have gone outside every day this week for at least 30 mins at a time. Same routine, different day. She is not acclaimating herself at all.

So how do we overcome this stage?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Brooke was like this. It will pass. I promise. Each baby acclimates at different speeds. It's just something Jas hasn't been introduced to until now, so she's very apprehensive about the new sensations. What I did with Brooke was bring a blanket outside. I laid it down and had snacks on the blanket. When she got used to that, she would venture out on her own but always come back to me. I showed her different aspects of nature, like trees, grass, leaves, etc. It's all very overwhelming to Jas because this is her first encounter. You could bring Jas to the park and introduce her to the swings and slides. Brooke loved those because she was outside, got to smell the new smells, breath the fresh air, yet she wasn't done on the ground. Brooke loves playgrounds now. My dad has taken her to the playground every afternoon and has to trick her to leave. It may help to see another child her size (like Brooke) interacting with nature so that she understands that it's not going to hurt her. If you want, we're probably going to go to the park tomorrow afternoon, bring Jas!

Brooke is still terrified of the water. I still haven't figured out what to do with that yet. Haha. I think I'm going to start bringing her to swim lessons soon.

Julia said...

She is adorable!!! I don't know what to do about her fear of the out of doors. Most babies have things they are afraid of and they almost always outgrow it at some point.
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I priced the sundress outfit at $40 and the one lady I have told so far was fine with that and even asked me to sew for her grandsons too.

Shelley said...

Just keep trying for the outdoor world. Maybe try sitting her in a chair outside and blowing bubbles.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

She's so cute! I'm glad you enjoyed the show last night :)