CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Attempted homicide of my camera



My camera fell while I was trying to capture a video of Jasmine and I. Thank you Brownie (yeah the one that can't hit the brakes and runs into a wall).
I had the camera posed on my desk and was capturing Jasmine and I sending Scott a video of her walking. Brownie wanted to get in on the action and jumped up on the desk.
Like slow motion, the camera wobbled and started falling.
Falling

Falling
I start rushing forward leaving my teetering daughter behind and jump to catch the camera.
CRASH!!!!
The camera braced its fall on my Singer sewing machine.
It hit exactly where the metal rod holds my thread. A verticle metal rod stabbed my camera.
It landed right on the LCD screen-- shattering.
It still takes photos- but I do not have an eye viewer. Luckily I do have a service plan with Ritz to fix or replace it. But is there a Ritz in Alaska- um no.
My camera was pushed off a cliff by my large cat and stabbed by a jutting rod upon landing. Do you think Brownie will see jail time for this attempted homicide?

5 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

What a mess & how funny at the same time It sounds like that should have been a video for Funniest Home Videos for sure!

Julia said...

Oh no!!! I had to buy a new camera recently. Mine is n't at all fancy, or I wouldn't be able to work it, but just the same I wasn't wanting a new one.

kel said...

I would bawl like a baby!!!! that sucks!!!

Amariah said...

oh, I'm so sorry! Maybe you can mail it in to Ritz?

ByCoco said...

Great article and great sense of humor. Made me lol even though I'm sure you didn't think it was funny at the time. Good luck getting your repairs and thanks for that bit of levity. Those kind of incidences are just a part of life and you are to be commended for your ability to smile through it.