CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 8, 2009

We are in our NEW Home

Sorry for the lack of blogging during my move. But I am back!!!!!

We moved in and what a trying time. First the movers were 2 hours late. The movers were here from 1 to 11 pm trying unsuccesfully to move all my items. They brought a truck and two guys and apparently underestimated my move. They also charged by the hour. *gasp* They dropped my armoir and it broke in half. Then the next day I demanded that more movers come as they did not finish moving all my items. So they were here for another 4 hours moving us. The didn't really set up the house or ask where I wanted things. They threw everything in our garage and put the furniture wherever. VERY unprofessional.

Unpacking was a bore-- but I got it done. I have about 5 boxes left to unpack. Im still trying to get the house decorated, photos up. In the meantime I have started buying things to fill the house.

Very exciting to decorate! As it is military housing, I can't paint or anything but I can do themed rooms now! Tons of closet space! Tons of room for Jasmine to run around and play. This house is just soo big and we love it!

Here are some photos. These were taken at 11 pm and before I upacked.



Our house from the front



Our view from the family room


Our kitchen and island.... very roomy



Jasmine's playroom / my office
There is more to the house but this is just some of the downstairs. Just downstairs we have 4 closets, a bathroom, family room, dining room, playroom, pantry and two mud rooms. Upstairs-- 3 bedrooms w/ walk in closets, 2 large baths, laundry room/ craft room with cabinets and shelving !
Here is my daughter being adorable and playing with some beads at a Memorial Day BBQ.




8 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That's so exciting! It looks HUGE! :)

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

I am so glad you are somewhat settled and things are looking on the bright side. Don't you just love making a house a home? It sure looks like you have a beauty to work with. Now that little angel of yours has the right idea...big smile and full of fire! Glad to see you posting again!

Creations With Heart said...

Your house looks so nice! Love the view from the family room! You're doing a great job! =)
~Julie
http://creationswithheart.blogspot.com

Julia said...

How nice it will be to have all that room. Moving is a real chore. I hope the moving company is paying to replace your armoire!

Jazzy Jemz said...

They are giving me an estimate tomorrow. They say they think they can actually fix it. The armoir is new (8 mos old) and the line was discontinued. Costs $1500 new.

Christie Y Brown said...

Looking good! I wish we had that much room, lol. Well, I would settle for a roof and windows with no leaks.

TurtleMommy said...

holy crap girl! alaska has is going on! lol you'll see NOTHING like that at bragg. We got a fairly large house off base and I know what you mean by buying things to try to make it a home. Our house is still pretty empty. Thrift stores are the best for decorating!!! glad your all settled in!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

That is military housing?? That is fantastic!

So happy to hear you are getting settled in now!